Extensively used in Caustic Soda industry for Filtration levels of PPB (Parts Per Billion).
Typical equipment where Cellulose used as Filter Aid are
- Filter Press and Chamber Filters
- Horizontal and Vertical Leaf Filters
- Candle or Tubular Filters
- Rotary Vacuum Precoat Filters
- Belt Press Filters
- Lenticular or Cassette Depth Filters
Advantages of using Cellulose in Brine Filtration
- Filter aid is a organic fibrous α-cellulose, used in solid-liquid separations gives an advantage of being biodegradable over other types of Filter aids.
- Cellulose is characterized by its high aspect ratio, which enables it to pre coat a septum very easily.
- Cellulose also has the ability to operate in elevated pH environments above 10, making it frequently used in the chlorine-caustic industry to filter the brine feed to electrolysis membrane separators.
- The addition of body feed increases the permeability in the accumulating filter cake, restricts solids movement, provides channels for filtrate recovery and extends cycle length.