Sigachi’s response during COVID-19 outbreak
These are uncertain times for all of us and the market in specific due to COVID-19. We at Sigachi want to assure you that we have taken all measures to guarantee the supply of our trusted excipient grades to your company and to the market. Sigachi is continuously looking for ways to support you and your business amidst current challenges.
We would like to inform you on the recent developments, and how Sigachi is doing it’s bit to mitigate impact of COVID-19 outbreak in our communities. With regard to the business impact, we would like to share the following market developments and our status:
- Sigachi’s continuity of excipient production in our 3 plants situated in Hyderabad, Dahej and Jhagadia has not been affected by COVID-19 since government of India circular classified pharmaceuticals in essential services. Sigachi is producing all excipient grades on time in full capacity meeting high quality parameters.
- We would like to assure you, that Sigachi is there to support customers and distributors in the best way possible to safeguard business continuity.
- Apart from our own distribution network, Sigachi also has the possibility to supply you by different means of transport like bulk, truck/trailer, train and/or air deliveries.
- Our R&D team worked extra hours to guide production of 200 Ltrs of Sanitiser which we are donating to communities where our plants are located.
- We donated more than 8000 number of masks which will help protect lives at this hour of outbreak. This has impacted and benefitted about 350 families.
- Towards PM CARES fund: Keeping in mind the need for having a dedicated national fund with the primary objective of dealing with any kind of emergency or distress situation, like posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, and to provide relief to the affected, a public charitable trust under the name of ‘Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund’ (PM CARES Fund)’ has been set up by Government of India. Our employees contributed a day’s salary. The management topped it with more than double the value. The funds adding up to Rs. 11.37 Lakhs were donated to PM CARES FUND and the CM RELIEF FUNDS of places, where our operations happen.